Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Offensive guard Andrew Gonnella suffered a gruesome knee injury when his leg was severely twisted in Maryland's 21-16 loss at Georgia Tech on Saturday. ... Andy MacPhail is walking away from the Orioles, and manager Buck Showalter will remain in the dugout. ... Somebody threw a hot dog at Tiger Woods.
Hitting the links:
1. Kevin Van Valkenburg gives best- and worst-case scenarios for each of the Ravens' 12 remaining games [Baltimore Sun]
3. If you are going to Sunday's game, you probably won't spend half your life getting into the stadium [Baltimore Sun]
4. Mike Preston graded the first quarter of 2011 [Baltimore Sun]
6. Everything is coming up roses for the Ravens [SI]
7. The Ravens' top five performances after the bye [Ravens Insider]
8. The Ravens' worst five performances after the bye [Ravens Insider]
10. Peter Schmuck: No matter his title, Buck Showalter will be calling the shots for the Orioles [Baltimore Sun]
11. Showalter is staying in the dugout; is that a good thing? [Orioles Insider]
12. The new GM's first task will be fixing the farm system [MASN]
13. The Andy MacPhail era is over [Oriole Post]
15. The Terps are facing a quarterback quandary [Washington Times]
16. Jeff Barker and Don Markus look ahead to the Maryland men's baskeball season [Tracking the Terps]
Video of the morning:
If they would have asked Ray Lewis to do this, somebody would have had a heart attack
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.