Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Ravens hope to emerge from their bye week healthy. ... Despite injuries, the Ravens secondary has gotten the job done. ... Orlando Brown might not have known he had the diabetic complication that took his life last month. His funeral was held on Friday morning. ... Maryland linebacker Kenny Tate is listed as doubtful for Saturday's game at Georgia Tech. ... The Tigers knocked the Yankees out of the playoffs.
Hitting the links:
1. Mike Preston's first-quarter report card [Baltimore Sun]
3. Joe Flacco is making plays outside of the pocket [Ravens.com]
4. Changes have knocked Joe Flacco off target [ESPN]
5. The timing of the bye week couldn't be better [SI]
7. How do the Ravens match up with the rest of the NFL? [Ravens.com]
9. Bob Nightengale says Buck will remain in the dugout [USA Today]
12. The fine folks at Russian Machine Never Breaks preview the upcoming Capitals season [Capitals Insider]
Video of the morning:
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.