Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
For some Terps football players, the transition to new coach Randy Edsall has been "rough." ... Fans who look closely at Maryland's sideline may be puzzled by seeing Regis Philbin and Scott Van Pelt on the cards held up. ... The Ravens on Tuesday signed former Cowboys cornerback Bryan McCann to a two-year deal. ... There's a chance that Andy MacPhail could stay on as Orioles president of baseball operations in 2012. ... Navy kicker Jon Teague is trying to move on from his blocked extra point in overtime in Saturday's loss to Air Force.
Hitting the links:
1. Peter Schmuck: The planets seem to be lining up almost perfectly for the Ravens [Baltimore Sun]
2. The win over the Jets proves that the Ravens are the team to beat in the AFC at the quarter pole [The Loss Column]
3. The banged-up Ravens earned a break [CSN Baltimore]
4. They are in great position at the bye [Pro Football Talk]
5. Joe Flacco is not a franchise quarterback [Deadspin]
6. The Harbaugh brothers > the Ryan brothers [SI]
7. Ed Reed and cupcakes [Patch]
8. The Ravens' youth movement has paid off so far [NFL.com]
9. John Harbaugh thinks Danny Gorrer is going to be a really good cornerback [Ravens Insider]
10. The Texans won't have star wide receiver Andre Johnson against the Ravens [Houston Chronicle]
11. Mrs. Brian Roberts was named "baseball's hottest wife" by some random site [Fantasy Baseball Dugout]
12. Former Terps coach in waiting James Franklin balls out in a helicopter [Atlanta Journal-Constitution]
13. The Capitals will be the top team in the Eastern Conference this season [Los Angeles Times]Video of the morning:
A cameraman fell over after one of Adrian Beltre's three homers. Beltre's reaction was priceless [via Big Lead]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.