Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
With the Jets coming to town this weekend, John Harbaugh said he has no plans to censor his players this week. ... Harbaugh defended his decision to leave Joe Flacco in for the entirety of Sunday's blowout. ... Haruki Nakamura could miss at least a month with a right knee injury. ... Vladimir Guerrero became the all-time MLB leader in hits by a Dominican-born player on Monday night. He also sparked a four-run rally that helped the Orioles beat the reeling Red Sox. ... Buck Showalter is day-to-day with an ankle injury.
Hitting the links:
1. Maligned in past seasons for being predictable and conservative, the offense was neither in St. Louis [Baltimore Sun]
3. Flacco has to show consistency before the Ravens go all pass-happy on everyone [ESPN]
7. A Ravens celebration captured for the ages [Toy Department]
8. There was Ravens-on-Ravens crime on the sidelines Sunday [B-more Birds' Nest]
9. Vladimir Guerrero is "very happy" he set the hits record in Baltimore [Orioles Insider]
11. What’s happening with the Orioles’ president of baseball operations position? [Orioles Insider]
13. Is Alex Ovechkin an elite scorer or just a good shooter? [Capitals Insider]
Video of the morning:
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.