Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The streaking Orioles beat the Tigers, 6-5, on Thursday night, giving them their eighth win in 10 games. ... Brian Matusz could get one more start. ... Ravens offensive coordinator Cam Cameron defended the offense’s pace of play in the fourth quarter of Sunday’s loss. ... Domonique Foxworth conceded that his surgically repaired knee is preventing him from being an effective cornerback. ... Chris Carr plans to play Sunday. ... Three Ravens starters returned to practice on Thursday. ... Andre Gurode called the move to left guard "challenging." ... Navy is considering a possible football move to the Big East.
Hitting the links:
2. The young receivers are learning on the run [Baltimore Sun]
3. The rookie receivers are on the hot seat [CSN Baltimore]
7. The Ravens might have to use the franchise tag on Ray Rice this offseason [ESPN]
9. Somehow, the Orioles are better this year than they were last year [The Loss Column]
10. Anti-Moneyball: The story of the 1998 Baltimore Orioles [Baltimore Sports Report]
13. The Terps are learning how to trust each other in trying times [CSN Baltimore]
15. The Capitals are going to win the Stanley Cup this season [ESPN]
16. The son of one of the guys from "Slap Shot" is trying to make it with the Caps [CSN Baltimore]
Video of the morning:
The Batting Stance Guy is back with another entertaining video [via Hot Clicks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.