Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Ravens on Tuesday reached an agreement on a five-year, $61 million deal with Haloti Ngata, one of the game's most dominant interior linemen. ... Robert Andino hit a three-run double in the eighth inning to lead the Orioles to a 7-5 victory over the Red Sox. ... Maryland coach Randy Edsall has developed a plan for bringing back suspended receivers Ronnie Tyler and Quintin McCree before the end of 2011. ... A sellout crowd watched the Predators beat the Capitals, 2-0, in the inaugural Baltimore Hockey Classic.
Hitting the links:
1. The Haloti Ngata deal is key for the team's future [ESPN]
2. Joe Flacco isn't focusing on his next contract [FOX Sports]
3. The Ravens were among Week 2's disappointments [NFL.com]
4. Titans quarterback Matt Hasselbeck silenced some critics by beating the Ravens [The Tennessean]
5. The Ravens have to be consistent to be elite [CSN Baltimore]
6. Here's a Q&A with Bryant McKinnie [Baltimore Sun]
7. Robert Andino is gaining nugget status [Orioles Insider]
8. If the Orioles sign Prince Fielder, their future will look brighter [CSN Baltimore]
9. Who is your Most Valuable Oriole? [Orioles Insider]
10. Gary Williams talks about the new-look ACC [CSN Baltimore]
11. For Baltimore's hockey diehards, Tuesday's exhibition lifted hopes for a minor league team [Baltimore Sun]
12. The rink conditions at 1st Mariner Arena affected play during the game [Washington Post]
13. Tyler Sloan called the ice "dangerous" [Capitals Insider]Video of the morning:
Check out the ball boy behind the net when this shot is fired wide [via Hot Clicks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.