Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Lee Evans returned to practice Thursday after sitting out Wednesday. However, Ben Grubbs, Chris Carr and Jimmy Smith did not practice. ... The Steelers accused the Ravens of dirty play in Sunday's win. ... Former Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister is "broke as a joke," according to TMZ. ... Terrell Suggs was humbled by becoming the Ravens' all-time sack leader. ... Maryland receivers Ronnie Tyler and Quintin McCree have been suspended indefinitely for violations of team rules. ... Earl Weaver was in Baltimore on Thursday.
Hitting the links:
1. The Ravens' offensive success in Week 1 was noteworthy because they debuted a new blocking scheme [Baltimore Sun]
2. Mike Preston on the Baltimore secondary [Baltimore Sun]
3. Joe Flacco's chatter filter works [CSN Baltimore]
4. Ray Lewis fondly remembers when Ravens-Titans was like Ravens-Steelers [Ravens Insider]
5. Anquan Boldin isn't concerned about Cortland Finnegan and his chippy style of play [Ravens Insider]
6. Matt Hasselbeck thinks the Ravens secondary is vulnerable [ESPN]
7. The Ravens are preaching patience with Sergio Kindle and Tandon Doss [Ravens Insider]
8. Terrell Suggs talks about making movies [Ask Men]
9. The Harbaugh wives are battling it out in fashion? [Ravens.com]
10. West Virginia is winning the war for Baltimore recruits. Can Randy Edsall change that? [Baltimore Sun]
11. Andy MacPhail's likely departure is a blow to the Orioles in more ways than one [SI]
12. Heath Bintliff of Dempsey's Army wants the Orioles to lose in September [Orioles Buzz]
13. That kid who caught those three home runs at Camden Yards caught a couple more [MLB.com]
14. Breaking down Buck's nuggets [MASN]
15. Will Jim Johnson be the Orioles' closer next season? [USA Today]
16. Michael Phelps did a Q&A where he talked about moslty endorsements and a little swimming [The Big Lead]Video of the morning:
I'm not a Minnesota Gophers fan, but this video has inspired me to wear gold on Saturday [via Hot Clicks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.