Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Maryland said Tuesday that it will name the Comcast Center basketball court for former men's coach Gary Williams. ... Running back D.J. Adams, who was suspended for Maryland's opening game, is back in the mix for Saturday's game against West Virginia. ... Ravens coach John Harbaugh said that Sergio Kindle will be active soon. ... Ravens rookie cornerback Jimmy Smith has officially been diagnosed with a high ankle sprain and will be out a "few weeks," according to Harbaugh. ... The Ravens will be on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week. ... Matt Wieters slammed a two-run home run with two outs in the bottom of the eighth inning on Tuesday night to give the Orioles a 4-2 win over the Rays. ... Adam Jones missed his fourth straight start.
Hitting the links:
1. Even with no voice, Ravens executive and former player O.J. Brigance continues to spread his message [Baltimore Sun]
2. Peter Schmuck isn't ready to stop reveling in the Ravens' win over the Steelers [Baltimore Sun]
3. Hines Ward says the Steelers will remember that two-point conversion [Pittsburgh Post-Gazette]
4. There's no such thing as piling on in the NFL [CSN Baltimore]
5. Mike Preston said that Terrell Suggs is primed to become the Ravens' future defensive leader [Baltimore Sun]
6. Joe Flacco cleanly dismantled the notion of a Steelers jinx [Baltimore Sun]
7. Something called "fumble luck" played a role in the Ravens' victory on Sunday [Grantland]
8. Terrence Cody has slimmed down [CSN Baltimore]
9. Bryant McKinnie is the biggest early-season surprise for the Ravens [Toy Department]
10. Bryant McKinnie looks like a huge diamond in the rough for the Ravens [Pro Football Talk]
11. The Orioles shouldn't take comfort in playing the spoiler role [The Loss Column]
12. The Orioles and Blue Jays compete far from the top of the AL East [New York Times]
13. The Terps will announce which uniforms they will wear each week via social media [Tracking the Terps]
14. Boomer Esiason represented the Terps this weekend [Testudo Times]
15. Navy is getting new uniforms, too [D.C. Sports Bog]
16. Ted Leonsis defended Alexander Semin [Capitals Insider]Video of the morning:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that these Wayne Gretzky trick shots are fake [via Hot Clicks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.