Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Ravens took their biggest gamble of free agency when they reached an agreement with talented but troubled offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie on Tuesday. ... Jarret Johnson, who missed practice on Sunday and Monday, intends to play against the Redskins. ... The three-season, up-and-down Orioles career of Felix Pie likely came to an end Tuesday when the outfielder was designated for assignment. ... Grapefruit League MVP Jake Fox is back with the Orioles. ... Alfredo Simon allowed one run in eight innings as the Orioles beat the Twins, 8-1. ... Adam Jones was taken to a Minneapolis hospital during the win due to shortness of breath and mild chest pains. He's OK now. ... Colts great Art Donovan got his stolen championship ring back.
Hitting the links:
1. Bryant McKinnie says he is playing left tackle [Ravens.com]
2. But is he a better fit at left tackle? [CBS Sports]
3. The Ravens are gambling big on McKinnie [MASN]
4. Thoughts on McKinnie [ESPN]
5. John Harbaugh is trying to pump up the Ravens-Redskins rivalry on and off the field [Baltimore Sun]
6. Another week, another game against a bunch of former Ravens players [Ravens Insider]
7. Torrey Smith hasn't impressed Mike Preston [Ravens Insider]
8. How important is Week 1 for the Ravens? [Baltimore Sports and Life]
9. Joe Flacco and the covered receiver theory [Baltimore Sports Report]
10. Who will line up next to Ray Lewis? [CSN Baltimore]
11. The Orioles dropped Felix Pie, and it was good for more than one reason [The Loss Column]
12. Wishing Felix Pie would have been a better baseball player [Camden Chat]
13. Even in retirement, Gary Williams is still a hot topic [Tracking the Terps]
14. Will Nicklas Backstrom have a bounce-back season? [Capitals Insider]Video of the morning:
I did this to Blast goalkeeper Sagu once, and he didn't sign me either [via The Big Lead]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.