Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Ray Lewis has been excused from the Ravens so the linebacker can deal with a family member's illness. ... Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Wednesday that Marshal Yanda's back injury is "not a serious thing." ... Harbaugh also said the Ravens are giving Joe Flacco more control at the line of scrimmage. ... The Orioles turned in another ugly performance in a 6-5 loss to the Athletics. ... Jeremy Guthrie is dealing with shoulder stiffness that could push his next start back a day or two. ... Cal Ripken Jr. is a good guy.
Hitting the links:
2. The offensive line is off to a shaky start [AP]
3. Would the Ravens be interested in T.O.? [SI]
4. A Q&A with Lee Evans? [ESPN]
5. Lee Evans got paid before the trade [SB Nation]
6. The education of right tackle-in-waiting Jah Reid has turned into a frenetic crash course [Baltimore Sun]
8. Pernell McPhee has already distinguished himself with defensive coordinator Chuck Pagano [Baltimore Sun]
9. Arthur Jones wants to dominate [Ravens Insider]
11. It looks like Josh Bell is going to get another opportunity to prove himself with the Orioles [Baltimore Sun]
14. Another take on Matusz [Orioles Post]
15. Matt Bradley called the Capitals "undisciplined" and criticized Alex Semin [Baltimore Sports Report]
16. How much does Semin care? This clever bar graph will help [Russian Machine Never Breaks]
Video of the morning: