Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Ray Lewis has been excused from the Ravens so the linebacker can deal with a family member's illness. ... Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Wednesday that Marshal Yanda's back injury is "not a serious thing." ... Harbaugh also said the Ravens are giving Joe Flacco more control at the line of scrimmage. ... The Orioles turned in another ugly performance in a 6-5 loss to the Athletics. ... Jeremy Guthrie is dealing with shoulder stiffness that could push his next start back a day or two. ... Cal Ripken Jr. is a good guy.
Hitting the links:
1. Whether he deserves it or not, Ravens offensive coordinator Cam Cameron is going to need your patience [Ravens Insider]
2. The offensive line is off to a shaky start [AP]
3. Would the Ravens be interested in T.O.? [SI]
4. A Q&A with Lee Evans? [ESPN]
5. Lee Evans got paid before the trade [SB Nation]
6. The education of right tackle-in-waiting Jah Reid has turned into a frenetic crash course [Baltimore Sun]
7. Terrell Suggs wants Ozzie Newsome to pay Haloti Ngata [MASN]
8. Pernell McPhee has already distinguished himself with defensive coordinator Chuck Pagano [Baltimore Sun]
9. Arthur Jones wants to dominate [Ravens Insider]
10. Steve Bisciotti says the Ravens are on the hunt for free agents [CSN Baltimore]
11. It looks like Josh Bell is going to get another opportunity to prove himself with the Orioles [Baltimore Sun]
12. Breaking down a couple of Buck Showalter's decisions in Wednesday's loss [Orioles Insider]
13. Peter Schmuck's take on Brian Matusz's return [The Schmuck Stops Here]
14. Another take on Matusz [Orioles Post]
15. Matt Bradley called the Capitals "undisciplined" and criticized Alex Semin [Baltimore Sports Report]
16. How much does Semin care? This clever bar graph will help [Russian Machine Never Breaks]Video of the morning:
Tennis star Novak Djokovic hit a reporter in the junk and laughed about it [via Hot Clicks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.