Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti explained his decision to hire John Harbaugh over Rex Ryan three years ago. ... The Ravens expect Matt Birk to be ready for the season opener. ... Ravens Super Bowl hero Jermaine Lewis was arrested and released on bail. ... Current and former Ravens players are caught up in a scandal at the University of Miami. ... Brian Matusz had an uneven outing in the Orioles' 8-4 loss to the Athletics on Tuesday night, but his teammates saw some positives as he returned to the major leagues. ... Dylan Bundy plans to reach the majors by 2013. ... Brian Roberts isn't sure whether he'll play again this season.
Hitting the links:
1. Is Joe Flacco ready to join the big boys? [FOX Sports]
2. The competitive Ravens will fall short again in 2011 [Athlon]
3. The Ravens hope to grow a pass rush organically [Ravens.com]
4. Players hope the kickoff rule gets the boot [Baltimore Sun]
5. Ditto for Peter Schmuck, whose not a fan [Baltimore Sun]
6. Who are the favorites in the AFC? [ESPN]
7. Is Jon Stinchcomb an option for the Ravens? [Ravens Insider]
8. Steve Bisciotti wants a Super Bowl in Baltimore [Baltimore Sports Report]
9. The Chiefs say they aren't trying to be the Kansas City Ravens [Ravens Insider]
10. Here's that report about the improper benefits scandal at "The U" [Yahoo!]
11. More injury issues for the Orioles... [Orioles Insider]
12. An Orioles draft pick is excited to stop rooting for the Yankees [Orioles Insider]
13. D.J. Adams brings some flair to a tough Terps running attack [Baltimore Sun]
Video of the morning:
I wish the No Fun League allowed awesome celebrations like this [via Hot Clicks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.