Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Orioles expected their negotiations with Dylan Bundy to go right down to Monday night's midnight deadline, and it did, but they got the deal done (the Orioles signed two other top targets, too). ... The Orioles had a winning night on the field as well, beating the Athletics in Oakland. ... Brian Matusz on Tuesday night will make his first major-league start in more than a month. ... Orioles shortstop J.J. Hardy was named the American League Player of the Week. ... David Reed was activated from the physically-unable-to-perform list, and he expressed a desire to be a more regular member of the Ravens offense.
Hitting the links:
3. Who will be their next great rookie free agent? [Ravens.com]
6. Three former Ravens flocked to the Chiefs and brought a history of winning with them [K.C. Star]
9. Joe Jordan: It was an "amazing day" for the Orioles [Orioles Insider]
10. The Orioles got their "big three" on Monday night [MASN]
11. To overslot or not to overslot? [Camden Depot]
12. How will the Baltimore farm system rank after the addition of Bundy and Co.? [Baltimore Sports and Life]
13. Another Orioles pitcher is making the dreaded trip to California to see Dr. Lewis Yocum [Orioles Insider]
15. Ranking Maryland's most difficult football games in 2011 [Terrapins Insider]
16. Is Terrell Stoglin ready to break out? [SI]
17. An interesting read about fans, and not just because I got name-checked [Artie Donovan's Workout Partner]
Video of the morning:
Did LeBron get dunked on? Who cares? It's a memorable moment for the other guy [via Sports Crackle Pop]