Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Nolan Reimold slammed Jason Frasor's first pitch into the visitors' bullpen on Wednesday night to give the Orioles a walk-off win in extra innings. ... Adam Jones and Ozzie Guillen exchanged words after the game. ... Vladimir Guerrero was given a day off, but manager Buck Showalter said not to read too much into it. ... The Ravens play the NFL's "Dream Team" in their preseason opener on Thursday night. John Harbaugh expects to get "cheered rabidly." ... Joe Flacco said he told team officials that he wanted tight end Todd Heap to return. ... Free-agent wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery won't be joining the Ravens after visiting the team Tuesday.
Hitting the links:
1. Even though the preseason opener will be sloppy, we'll learn a little about the Ravens [Baltimore Sun]
2. What to watch in Thursday's game [Baltimore Sun]
3. Lee Evans hears the trade rumors [Ravens Insider]
4. Sam Koch is trying to get more hang time [Ravens.com]
5. The Ravens are determined to beat Pittsburgh [SI]
6. Paul Kruger is having an impressive training camp [Carroll County Times]
7. The Orioles brand is still wanted -- but suspected counterfeiters [Baltimore Crime Beat]
8. Matt Wieters and Adam Jones were named to Baseball America's best tools list [MASN]
9. Would you trade Brian Roberts for Adam Dunn? [Orioles Insider]
10. Examining Billy Rowell's pro career [Baltimore Sports Report]
11. What's up with Davin Meggett? [Tracking the Terps]
12. Save "The Wave" [Los Angeles Times]
13. Bruce Boudreau expects Alex Ovechkin to become a better captain this season [Capitals Insider]
Video of the morning:
Wow, this goalie went crazy (side note: I think he plays in my men's league) [via Puck Daddy]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.