Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Ravens missed out on Malcom Floyd then saw Derrick Mason sign with the Jets on Saturday night, so the team might rely on a pair of rookie receivers to take on big roles. Mason said he was "blind-sided" when the Ravens released him. ... Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo feels healthy despite undergoing surgery in the offseason. ... The Orioles got two home runs from Mark Reynolds, but lost to the Blue Jays, 7-2, on Sunday. ... Speaking of Reynolds, he is faring well at first base. ... The Orioles got some good injury news.
Hitting the links:
1. Paul Kruger's on-again, off-again flirtation with outside linebacker is back on [Baltimore Sun]
2. Chuck Pagano isn't worried about Jimmy Smith [Ravens Insider]
3. Pagano brings back some aggression [Carroll County Times]
4. Is John Harbaugh scaring free agents away?
5. Are the Ravens better than they were a year ago?
6. The Ravens are feeling fine, but Kevin Cowherd says there's plenty of cause for concern at the Castle [Baltimore Sun]
7. Peter Schmuck says that fans flocking to Saturday's open practice reaffirmed the Ravens' popularity [Baltimore Sun]
8. Here are photos from the open workout [Baltimore Sun]
9. Anquan Boldin must become a mentor for the team's young receivers [Baltimore Sun]
10. Dylan Bundy makes his first trip to Camden Yards [Orioles Insider]
11. Add Zach Britton to the list of injured Orioles pitchers [MASN]
12. Add Ricky Romero to the list of pitchers who own the Orioles [Orioles Insider]
13. Looking ahead to life after Andy MacPhail [Camden Depot]
Video of the morning:
Three minutes of people wrecking golf carts [via Hot Clicks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.