Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Asked to describe his first year in Baltimore, Orioles manager Buck Showalter said it is "under construction." ... Matt Hobgood got hammered in Aberdeen on Monday night. ... Domonique Foxworth, who underwent surgery last August to repair a torn ACL, expressed frustration about the strength and stability of his right knee. ... Many assume fullback Le’Ron McClain won't return, but Ravens running backs coach Wilbert Montgomery isn’t one of them. ... Maryland forward Haukur Palsson is leaving school to pursue a pro basketball career in Europe.
Hitting the links:
1. What do you think of Buck Showalter now? [Orioles Insider]
2. Buck is trying to stay positive [Carroll County Times]
3. What is Buck doing? [Orioles Buzz]
4. Mike Preston says Vonta Leach will be the Ravens' new crash test dummy [Baltimore Sun]
5. Longtime run stopper Kelly Gregg is officially gone and Terrence Cody is undeniably the man in the middle [Baltimore Sun]
6. John Harbaugh thanks Todd Heap [Ravens Insider]
7. Remembering Todd Heap [B-more Birds' Nest]
8. Joe Flacco will have to adjust to life without Todd Heap [MASN]
9. Anquan Boldin foresees a better year with Joe Flacco [CSN Baltimore]
10. Rating the available running backs [Ravens Insider]
11. There is no Marc Bulger news, but here is an John Beck update [D.C. Sports Bog]
12. Uniform changes will truly make Maryland a new-look football team [Baltimore Sun]
13. The Hawk will be missed [Baltimore Sports and Life]
You said it:
"Koji was one of the few highlights of this year's pitching staff, and will probably be the best if not the last player we sign from Japan, despite all the ballyhoo about the O's opening up the market in Asia at the time of his signing." -- reader mobtownie is going to miss Koji Time
Video of the morning:
Don't try this at home, especially if you don't have a full-sized swimming pool [via Hot Clicks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.