Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
NFL players are expected to recommend the labor deal Monday, which would move the league one step closer to ending the lockout. That's good news for Ravens free agents such as Josh Wilson who are waiting for the end of the lockout to make their next career move. ... Ed Reed thinks Hines Ward is a dirty player and said he has told him. ... The Orioles wasted another quality start from Jeremy Guthrie on Sunday, losing to the Angels, 9-3. ... There is growing speculation that Koji Uehara will be moved before the July 31 trade deadline. ... Dundalk native Bucky Lasek made history Sunday, winning his Dew Tour-record 10th skateboard vert final.
Hitting the links:
1. The O's could have more holes in 2012 [Orioles Insider]
2. The Luuuuke era could be over in Baltimore [Orioles Insider]
7. Arthur Jones is ready to play [Carroll County Times]
8. No "Hard Knocks" this year? [USA Today]
10. Kenny Tate is getting used to playing linebacker [Tribune]
11. Kenny Tate could have been a second-round pick [WaPo]
12. Maryland wide receiver recruit Amba Etta-Tawo is "on a different level" [Recruiting Report]
13. Towson's Will Adams has one heck of a story [Baltimore Sun]
You said it:
"Worrell, Viola, Willie Randolph, Paris Hilton, and the usher in Section 210." -- reader CMHString predicts which fabulous fivesome will be the Orioles' rotation at the end of the season
Video of the morning:
Ray Rice and Peyton Hillis recently filmed a commercial together for RipFire. Here's footage of them on the set.
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun