Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
A pair of unlikely heroes -- Robert Andino and Mark Hendrickson -- spurred the Orioles over the Indians, 8-3, on Sunday. ... The Orioles and shortstop J.J. Hardy agreed to terms Saturday on a three-year extension worth around $22 million. ... Each day seemingly brings more uncertainty to the Orioles roster. ... Brian Matusz pitched seven scoreless innings for Norfolk on Saturday, allowing just three hits and two walks. ... Japan won the sixth Women's World Cup, defeating the United States, 3-1 on penalty kicks, after a 2-2 tie in extra time.
Hitting the links:
3. Will there be any ejections during this series? [NESN]
4. For Hardy, signing may have been about loyalty [Orioles Insider]
5. Can Hardy's new deal send a message to free agents? [MASN]
6. On J.J. Hardy and how to build the Orioles [The Loss Column]
7. Keith Law says that Manny Machado and Jonathan Schoop are two of the best prospects in baseball [ESPN]
8. There is no other cavalry on the way [Carroll County Times]
10. Pernell McPhee is a "relentless" pass rusher [Baltimore Sun]
11. Steve Smith wants to play in Baltimore? [Charlotte Observer]
12. Another Ravens wedding [Ravens Insider]
You said it:
Video of the morning: