Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Steelers linebacker James Harrison blasted NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and the play of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the Super Bowl. ... Steelers safety Ryan Clark doesn’t think that Ravens-Steelers is a real rivalry. ... In the post-lockout frenzy, the Ravens will have to focus on these five priorities, which include finding a pass rusher. ... Marshal Yanda, who is considered the Ravens' top priority, is reportedly "coveted" by the Redskins. ... Orioles second baseman Brian Roberts has picked up the amount of physical activity that he is doing, but he is still not symptom-free. ... The American women beat France to reach the World Cup final.
Hitting the links:
1. The Ortiz-Gregg fight and baseball ethics [SI]
2. With the Orioles’ second half set to begin, here’s one final look at the best and worst of the first half [Baltimore Sun]
3. Five questions facing the Orioles in the second half [Baltimore Sun]
4. For starters, the Orioles need better staring pitching [MASN]
7. What does it mean to be a fan of a team that is going nowhere? [Camden Chat]
9. The Ravens are laying low as the Steelers erupt [CSN Baltimore]
13. Sports talk radio host Scott Garceau wonders if Baltimore is a “sports town like some other places" [Baltimore Sun]
You said it:
"God bless the internet! I'm just dreading the day when I have to explain to my kids that the picture they want to use of Lincoln shooting lasers out of his eyes for their history report is not actually real." -- reader d46ron1337 also has a great appreciation for the Internet, which gave us these complacent Mark Reynolds photos
Video of the morning:
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun