Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Orioles have now dropped 16 straight games in Toronto after Wednesday's 4-1 loss, and you can give credit to Blue Jays starter Ricky Romero and a big-swing offense for this latest humbling. ... Brian Roberts woke up with headaches Wednesday and was told to hold off from "exertional and vestibular exercises" for the day. ... The Orioles placed Alfredo Simon on the 15-day disabled list and recalled Jason Berken. ... Former Maryland guard Greivis Vasquez, now a member of the Memphis Grizzlies, is in his native Venezuela this week as part of a U.S. State Department "sports diplomacy" program. ... Boston won its first Stanley Cup in 39 years and Vancouver showed its hospitality by sending the Bruins off with a celebratory bonfire.
Hitting the links:
1. The Orioles are the best fit for Prince Fielder [ESPN]
2. Unveiling the fan-selected all-time Orioles lineup [Orioles Buzz]
3. Mark Connor comments on his resignation [Orioles Insider]
4. A little more on the Orioles' pitching coach carousel [Orioles Insider]
5. Brian Matusz's amazing shrinking velocity [ESPN]
6. Singing the praises of J.J. Hardy [Camden Chat]
7. Should Dylan Bundy get a major-league deal? [Camden Depot]
8. Realignment is a good idea [The Loss Column]
9. There is no need for massive realignment [Chicago Tribune]
10. For smaller markets, the draft is their free agency [MLB.com]
11. Can the Ravens rebound after another playoff loss? [NFL.com]
12. The Ravens are the ninth-best organization in the NFL [FOX Sports]
13. Where does Michael Oher rank among AFC North left tackles? [ESPN]
14. Greg Cosell on how Joe Flacco can become great [Ravens.com]
15. Matching passing talent to the right scheme is a key to success for NFL quarterbacks [Pro Football Weekly]You said it:
"Dude go back to the B-Paper, or possibly the C-Paper." -- reader drunkrichard. Touche, drunkrichard.
Video of the morning:
A rioting Canucks fan gets hit in the groin with fireworks [via Deadspin]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.