Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Orioles starter Brian Matusz retired just three of the 13 hitters he faced, allowing four runs on five hits and four walks in 1 1/3 innings during Sunday's 9-6 loss to the Rays. ... Wanting Zach Britton's rookie season to prolong into September, the Orioles have pushed back his next start a couple of days. ... The Mavericks beat the Heat on Sunday night to capture their first NBA championship. ... A wild and unpredictable Triple Crown season came to an appropriately stunning conclusion Saturday as 24-1 long shot Ruler On Ice won the Belmont Stakes.
Hitting the links:
1. Kevin Cowherd: Brian Matusz is a mess [Baltimore Sun]
3. It didn't take Dylan Bundy long to make a headline [ESPN]
5. The Orioles are adversely affected by compensation rules in the draft [Chicaco Tribune]
6. Trent Dilfer thinks the owners will win the lockout [AP]
10. There's another Flacco [Baltimore Sports Report]
11. Who are Baltimore football's 10 best ever? [CSN Baltimore]
13. An Alex Ovechkin offseason update [The Score]
You said it:
"At first I was going to go on a anti-Steelers rant, but in reality, what is he supposed to say?" -- reader grizzly228 has the proper reaction to LaMarr Woodley's prediction that Joe Flacco will never win a Super Bowl. What else should he say?
Video of the morning:
Here is why the Miami Heat is not great [via Hot Clicks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun