Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Mark Reynolds hit a two-run home run Wednesday night to help the Orioles break out the brooms, their first three-game sweep of the Athletics in Baltimore since 1998. ... The Orioles don't know why Nick Markakis has scuffled this season, but they don't believe an injury is hampering him. ... Dan Klein, one of the Orioles' top pitching prospects, is scheduled to have a precautionary MRI of his right shoulder. ... Kentucky Derby winner and Preakness runner-up Animal Kingdom was made a 2-1 morning-line favorite for the Belmont.
Hitting the links:
1. It's tempting to move good-hitting catchers to safer positions, but their greatest value is behind the plate [SI]
7. The mystery of the outfield group hug is solved [Camden Chat]
8. The Orioles mascot didn't actually get arrested [Capital Games]
11. Cary Williams waits for his chance [Ravens Insider]
13. The 300-carry running back is a dying breed [ESPN]
16. Our 2011 Spring All-Metro teams [Baltimore Sun]
17. Kevin Cowherd: Hosting the Baltimore Grand Prix is worth all the traffic headaches [Baltimore Sun]
You said it:
Video of the morning:
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.