Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Adam Jones hit a two-out, two-run homer in the bottom of the ninth Tuesday to lift the Orioles to a 5-3 victory over the Royals. ... Brian Roberts will not participate in baseball activities for the next two weeks and will be sidelined for at least three weeks after seeing a concussion specialist in Pittsburgh on Tuesday. ... If all goes well in his next rehab start, Brian Matusz will come off the disabled list and pitch June 1 at Seattle. ... On Tuesday, 27 Ravens convened at Towson University for the purpose of getting a handful of rookies up to NFL speed. ... Fresh off three impressive wins in the ring, Tom Zbikowski shut down his boxing career again to refocus on football. ... Terps coach Mark Turgeon doesn't plan to add a big man unless he finds the right fit. ... Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward is the "Dancing With the Stars" season winner.
Hitting the links:
1. The race for the AL East will go down to the wire [MLB.com]
2. Tuesday's win was one of the best of this young Orioles season [Orioles Insider]
3. Finding a replacement for Brian Roberts [MASN]
4. Who would you put on your Mount Rushmore of Orioles players from 1998 to 2011? [The Loss Column]
5. Former Oriole Lou Montanez has joined the Cubs [Tribune]
6. Peter Schmuck: Ravens informal workouts are more about PR than TDs [Baltimore Sun]
7. Despite the assertions of Ray Lewis, many NFL players are being productive during the lockout [ESPN]
8. Ray Rice found wisdom in the controversial words of Ray Lewis [Ravens Insider]
9. Putting Lewis' prediction to the test [Baltimore Crime Beat]
10. Which Ravens made this list of the top 10 defensive players in the NFL? [ESPN]
11. Speaking of defense, the NFL will fine teams for multiple illegal hits next season [USA Today]
12. The Terps are one of the top 25 college football teams in America right now [SI]
You said it:
"yes. sign him -- and I wouldn't have thought that until this year. He's becoming a heady player. He's cut down on any showboating. He still commits too early on some sliders but doesn't give whole at bats away anymore. He goes opposite field when called for and is the team's best bunter. Seems to be stealing more. Throws are more accurate. very strong arm." -- reader onceawarrior thinks the Orioles should try to sign Adam Jones to a contract extension
Video of the morning:
Duke's Kyle Singler made a trick shot video (surprisingly, no shots from inside Comast Center were included)
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.