Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Vladimir Guerrero's two-run homer on Sunday powered the Orioles to a 2-1 win and a series victory over the Nationals. ... Brian Roberts will go to Pittsburgh on Tuesday to have a consultation with a renowned expert in sports-related concussions. ... Kevin Gregg said Matt Wieters is "probably the best" in baseball at throwing out would-be base stealers. ... There is a better than a "50-50 chance" that Preakness winner Shackleford will run in the Belmont Stakes. ... Ray Lewis believes crime would increase if there is no NFL season. ... Grant Catalino's overtime goal pushed Maryland past Syracuse and into the NCAA men's lacrosse semifinals.
- The scene: Views of the 2011 Preakness infield
- VIDEO: Infield scenes from Preakness 2011 at Pimlico
- VIDEO: Running of the 136th Preakness Stakes at Pimlico
- Preakness Stakes 2014 [Pictures]
- Preakness 2014 infield pictures and photos of the party scene
- Preakness week 2014 [Pictures]
See more photos »
- 2014 Preakness
Hitting the links:
1. Peter Schmuck: Animal Kingdom put on another great show at the Preakness [Baltimore Sun]
2. Kevin Cowherd: Not even Kegasus horsing around could spoil Preakness Day [Baltimore Sun]
3. What we learned at the Preakness [SI]
4. Shackleford's win was a Kentucky horse tale [CSN Baltimore]
5. Shackleford's connections revel in the 2011 Preakness win [Louisville Courier Journal]
6. The Belmont Stakes could be a rematch [ESPN]
7. Here are our pictures of the Preakness Infield debauchery on Saturday [Baltimore Sun]
8. Here are your pictures of the Preakness Infield debauchery on Saturday [Baltimore Sun]
9. Two worlds side by side at the Preakness [Washington Post]
10. The infield was pretty calm this year [N.Y. Times]
11. Things won't get much better for the Orioles until Brian Roberts gets better himself [Baltimore Sun]
12. Brian Matusz will be back soon [Orioles Insider]
13. What do you think about Adam Jones batting second? [MASN]
14. Pitchers don't fear Vladimir Guerrero [Baseball Analytics]
15. Ray Lewis believes no one is connected to Baltimore like he is [Ravens.com]
16. How the Thrashers' move to Winnipeg impacts the Capitals [Capitals Insider]
You said it:
"Worst campaign, nay, stupidest campaign for such an event. EVER. Heads should roll for whoever picked this and devised this. No wonder why MD racing is suffering so much." -- reader RScottGrimes gets the final word on Kegasus, whose reign of terror hopefully ended Saturday
Video of the morning:
The "Running of the Urinals" made a "brief" comeback at the Preakness. You can check out that video here.
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.