Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Monday night was another one of those Fenway nights that start with such promise and end with the Orioles wondering how it all went wrong. ... The injury that forced Derrek Lee out of the 8-7 loss and an injury to Cesar Izturis almost certainly will lead to at least one roster move. ... Brian Matusz was satisfied with his rehab outing in Frederick but said he still has some things to work on. ... Trainer Graham Motion said he is leaning strongly toward bringing Kentucky Derby winner and Preakness hopeful Animal Kingdom to Pimlico on Saturday instead of Friday night.
Hitting the links:
3. With Derrek Lee sidelined, who should hit second for the Orioles? [Schmuck Stops Here]
6. Playing musical chairs in the Orioles' rotation [Orioles Post]
7. How would you grade the Ravens' 2008 draft? [ESPN]
9. Ravens draft pick Anthony Allen wants to make people sick to their stomachs [National Football Post]
11. The Ravens are in the process of retooling their receiving corps again [CSN Baltimore]
12. Torrey Smith is the third Maryland player to be drafted by the Ravens [Ravens Insider]
13. Sterling Gibbs is not going to Maryland [Recruiting Report]
14. As a star-making vehicle, the Kentucky Derby has a lot in common with "American Idol" [CSN Baltimore]
16. Is Kentucky Derby winner and Preakness hopeful Animal Kingdom the real deal? [Baltimore Sun]
17. The Capitals should trade defenseman Mike Green [Russian Machine Never Breaks]
You said it:
"I had some real gems, but I'd also like to keep my account in good standing. However, I'd have to go with 'ThatsEnough Nickelback.'" -- reader davewerk gives us a pretty good suggestion for a horse name
Video of the morning:
In case you missed it, here's the debut of our new video segment, Right Back @ You, where I take your Twitter questions and pass them along to our Baltimore sports insiders. This time, I talked Terps and new coach Mark Turgeon with Matt Bracken and Chris Korman. Check it out:
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.