Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
A rainout postponed the Orioles' Tuesday night game against the Yankees until July or August -- and changed the team's pitching plans. ... The troubling NFL lockout didn't stop the league from releasing an all-too-familiar preseason schedule for the Ravens. ... Ray Rice spoke at NACA Freedom & Democracy II School on Tuesday, and he said he is in "great shape." ... Former Secretary of State Colin L. Powell will be the honorary grand marshal for the inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix.
Hitting the links:
1. The old-school Buck Showalter is teaching the Orioles some new tricks [NorthJersey.com]
2. It's put-up time for Buck Showalter and the Orioles against the Yankees [USA Today]
3. Robert Andino plans to make the most of his chance with J.J. Hardy sidelined [Baltimore Sun]
4. Zach Britton should have shined in New York [PressBox]
5. Is there any confidence going into New York? [Camden Chat]
6. Is Matt Wieters really worse than Cesar Izturis when behind in count? [Orioles Hangout]
7. What's next for Brad Bergesen? [MASN]
8. Ray Lewis thinks he can take Tom Zbikowski in a boxing match [Ravens Insider]
9. Michael Oher Tweeted this funny photo [Twitter]
10. Cliff Tucker joined the Maryland football team [Tracking the Terps]
11. Cliff Tucker is back [Testudo Times]
12. Barry Melrose says the Capitals have to win the East [D.C. Sports Bog]
13. Here's a Capitals playoff preview [Capitals Insider]
You said it:"Yawn! NBA - NHL? I would love to see big time college basketball in Baltimore. It is nice to watch players who really care." -- reader eclipse of the sun has no interest in a pro hockey or hoops team coming here
Video of the morning:
Here's me nervously fidgeting in a chair while asking Jamison Hensley questions about the Ravens
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.