Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
An Astros lineup that included just three regulars knocked around starter Brad Bergesen and the Orioles, 14-8, on Tuesday. ... On a day when they performed terribly on the field, the Orioles got much-needed positive news on the injury front. ... After allowing eight runs since tweaking his delivery, Orioles reliever Kevin Gregg will go back to his old mechanics. ... Gary Williams says the Terps will be in the NCAA tournament in 2012. ... The Capitals extended their winning streak to nine games.
Hitting the links:
1. The Orioles are enjoying the "Vlad effect" [CSN Baltimore]
4. 2011 Orioles statistical projections [Camden Crazies]
6. National analysts discuss the Orioles [Baltimore Sports and Life]
7. The Ravens will work out a former Canadian firefighter [Ravens Insider]
9. Looking at the best draft classes in Ravens history [CSN Baltimore]
11. Is Kenny Tate moving to linebacker? [Testudo Times]
12. How good is the Capitals' young goaltending trio? [Capitals Insider]
You said it:
"I have no doubt they will be much improved next season and make the tournement. Given J. Williams returns that is. This was a VERY young team this year, 5 true freshman, and JC transfer. Given that youth and inexpierience I was never once expecting them to even win 19 games. Atleast a couple of those true freshamn show great promise, so with continued development, and hopefully the emergance of a couple more of them and this team has the potential to be very good next season." -- reader JalenTigh agrees with Gary Williams, who said the Terps will make the NCAA tournament next season
Video of the morning:
It's not the NCAA tournament without Gus Johnson
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.