Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Maryland AD Kevin Anderson has faith in men's basketball coach Gary Williams, who will return next season. ... The Orioles lost to the Phillies, 4-3, on Tuesday, but Justin Duchscherer threw two scoreless innings. ... Brian Roberts' back flared up Tuesday, and Derrek Lee went to see a wrist specialist. ... At the Ed Block Courage Awards, a Steeler impressed Ravens fans.
Hitting the links:
1. Peter Schmuck: Having a healthy outlook for the Orioles suddenly isn't so easy [Baltimore Sun]
2. What should we expect from Matt Wieters? [Loss Column]
3. Looking into the crystal ball at Brad Bergesen [Dempsey's Army]
4. Jim Palmer discusses the likelihood of Philly having four twenty-game winners [Baltimore Sports Report]
5. Can the Orioles have a winning 2011? [Camden Chat]
6. NFL players still have one big card left to play if labor negotiations fail -- decertification [Baltimore Sun]
7. Ten lingering offseason questions for the Ravens [Ravens.com]
8. Looking at the stock of two cornerbacks who could be on the Ravens' radar [Ravens Insider]
9. Joe Flacco and Michael Oher have a lot to prove in 2011 [ESPN]
10. Some background on Jeff Barker's story on Kevin Anderson and Gary Williams [Tracking the Terps]
11. It simply makes no sense to even think about buying Gary Williams out [Testudo Times]
12. Heather Dinich talks with new Maryland offensive coordinator Gary Crowton [ESPN]
13. An Alex Ovechkin cut-out appears on "Raising Hope" [D.C. Sports Bog]
You said it:
"Trembs took a lot of guff from a few of the fans, but, he is a quality baseball man and a quality human being. Glad he has a good job, now ... and I hope at some point another managerial job opens up for him." -- reader pjsteelman01 responds to my post about former O's manager Dave Trembley discussing his firing
Video of the morning:
Well, I'm officially excited for the Stanley Cup playoffs [hat tip to The Big Lead]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.