Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Top pitching prospect Zach Britton threw three shutout innings Monday night as the Orioles and Yankees played to a scoreless tie. ... The Orioles relaxed their facial hair policy. ... Maryland sophomore center Jordan Williams was selected to the ACC's first team. ... Willis McGahee's agent expects the Ravens to trade or release the veteran running back. ... Sergio Kindle's court case for driving under the influence has been postponed. ... Alex Ovechkin scored in a shootout to give the first-place Capitals a 2-1 victory over Lightning. ... His contract up, Towson men's basketball coach Pat Kennedy stepped down.
Hitting the links:
1. The battle between Chris Tillman and Zach Britton for the Orioles' fifth starter spot is friendly [Baltimore Sun]
2. After a 13-year drought, excitement finally surrounds the Orioles [Washington Post]
3. John Eisenberg: Finally, the Orioles have a nice home in Florida [CSN Baltimore]
4. Are fans too hard on Adam Jones? [MASN]
5. The big stage didn't faze Britton against the Yankees [MLB.com]
6. Tom Zbikowski wants to box Chad Ochocinco [Ravens Insider]
7. Anquan Boldin thinks the Ravens have an advantage in the event of a lockout [Ravens.com]
8. One former NFL player thinks a lockout would be good for the players [Wall Street Journal]
9. Morgan’s Ameer Ali taking down Blake Griffin was the biggest blunder in tourney history? [Smoking Jacket]
10. NIT Bracketology has the Terps on the bubble? [Testudo Times]
11. Mike Preston: Talk about Maryland being a lax contender might ease after the Duke loss [Baltimore Sun]
12. Have the Capitals shored up the blueline? [Japers' Rink]
You said it:
"No, I'm not done until they are. They are MY school. Like it or not, good or bad, they're mine." -- reader RichardSperry is sticking by the Terps even though they face long odds to make the NCAA tourney
Video of the morning:
Check out this little kid's buzzer-beating heave [hat tip to Hot Clicks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.