Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Orioles starter Jeremy Guthrie was pleased with his command in Sunday's 3-0 loss to Twins despite allowing two runs in three innings. ... Orioles first baseman Derrek Lee hit soft toss Sunday, but he won't get into his first Grapefruit League game until Wednesday at the earliest. ... Natty Boh will be sold on draft this season at Camden Yards. ... The Maryland men's basketball team has drawn the seventh seed in the ACC tourney and will face N.C. State on Thursday. ... Alexander Semin scored 28 seconds into overtime Sunday as the Capitals beat the Panthers.
Hitting the links:
1. No longer a starter, Orioles infielder Cesar Izturis remains a respected clubhouse leader [Baltimore Sun]
2. The Orioles are going down the same road as the Astros [ESPN]
3. Peter Schmuck: Orioles first base prospect Joe Mahoney is not getting ahead of himself [Baltimore Sun]
4. Adam Jones is shooting for a big year [CSN Baltimore]
5. After a stint with the Blue Jays, Jeremy Accardo "couldn't be happier" with the Orioles [Baltimore Sun]
6. Luke Scott's words of wisdom [Camden Chat]
7. The AFC North is going West Cost [Ravens Insider]
8. Ravens free agency: Who should stay and who should go? [CSN Baltimore]
9. Ravens wide receivers ranked last in average yards after the catch last season [Ravens Insider]
10. Chad Ochocinco on Carson Palmer, his surname and a Bengals turnaround [Sports Radio Interviews]
11. Kevin Cowherd: Gary Williams is making sure the Terps still have something to play for [Baltimore Sun]
12. The Terps saved their worst for last [CSN Baltimore]
13. Former Towson star Gary Neal feels like he's finally where he was meant to be [Baltimore Sun]
You said it:
"Y-A-N-K-E-E-S S-U--- ... Hey, who hired the skywriter?" -- reader Brooksiefan hon, who won my latest photo caption challenge with this clever submission. Congrats!
Video of the morning:
Jacob Tucker, a 5-foot-11 Div. III player, has crazy hops [hat tip to Deadspin]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.