Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Thursday that the Ravens will hand more control of the offense to Joe Flacco, who will have more freedom to audible and call plays. ... Harbaugh said that re-signing Marshal Yanda is a "major issue" on the offensive line. ... Alfredo Simon's appeal to be released from a jail in the Dominican Republic was rejected Thursday. ... Orioles starter Justin Duchscherer felt "awesome" while throwing a BP session.
Hitting the links:
3. The Orioles are still chasing .500 [Hardball Times]
4. A solid evaluation of the O's bullpen [Camden Chat]
7. How have the Orioles fared during your lifetime? [Roar From 34]
10. Defense is likely to lead the way in the draft after racking up numbers on quarterbacks [Fanhouse]
12. Are these Maryland's new football jerseys? [Testudo Times]
13. The "sky is the limit" for Terps recruit Martin Breunig [Recruiting Report]
14. Scott Van Pelt rips Maryland students again [D.C. Sports Bog]
15. Statistical analysis: Alex Ovechkin at even strength, then and now [Capitals Insider]
You said it:
Video of the morning:
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.