Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Maryland honored Greivis Vasquez on Sunday then picked up a big win over N.C. State. ... Buck Showalter is ready to get down to business. ... The Capitals beat the Sabres, 2-1. ... Only 20 years old, Trevor Bayne held off a charge from Carl Edwards to win the Daytona 500.
Hitting the links:
4. OK, who is batting where? [CSN Baltimore]
6. Buck Showalter's surprise trip to the movies [Orioles Insider]
8. Kevin Cowherd: In a fitting tribute to Greivis Vasquez, Maryland put up big numbers [Baltimore Sun]
9. The chances that the Ravens draft a quarterback in the first three rounds is very low [Ravens Insider]
10. James Walker doesn't see the Ravens being players for Santonio Holmes [ESPN]
12. The odd tale of Donte' Stallworth [SB Nation]
You said it:
"Jamal Lewis was a beast. A big back with breakaway speed is rare (see Bo Jackson). To call him a wasted pick is absolutely moronic. A 2,000 rusher when there was no threat of a passing game after tearing an ACL! If Priest Holmes was better how come he got beat out at Texas and then went undrafted? I think he deserves more respect than that!" -- reader RavenzRule makes a case for Jamal Lewis being one of the top five picks in Ravens history Video of the morning:
Too much Bieber
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.
ting tribute to Vasquez, Maryland puts up big numbers