Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
John Harbaugh told 105.7 The Fan on Wednesday that the Ravens are "going to win championships with Joe Flacco." ... Superman showed up in Sarasota (OK, fine, it was just Vlad Guerrero). ... Ravens outside linebacker Sergio Kindle is now working out four times a week. ... Hard-liners are derailing the NFL's CBA negotiations. ... One day after former Miami coach Randy Shannon declined an offer, Maryland promoted inside linebackers coach Todd Bradford to defensive coordinator. ... Alexander Semin scored a hat trick as the Capitals rallied to beat the Ducks, 7-6.
Hitting the links:
1. Baseball America's Jim Callis says there is a drop-off in talent after Machado and Britton [Baltimore Sun]
2. Why Buck Showalter matters [The Loss Column]
3. Dave Johnson previews the 2011 season [Baltimore Sports Report]
4. Are the Orioles' young pitchers ready for the burden? [CSN Baltimore]
5. Kevin Cowherd: The Terps are headed in the wrong direction as the postseason approaches [Baltimore Sun]
6. Amid a terrible stretch for Terps fans, let's remember Greivis Vasquez [Testudo Times]
7. John Feinstein thinks Maryland basketball has only "warning-track power" [Washington Post]
9. Brandon Jones is looking for a fresh start with the Ravens [Ravens.com]
11. Here's The Sun's Div-I men's lacrosse preview [Baltimore Sun]
12. Hopkins lacrosse player Chris Boland is hoping to end his career on a high note [Baltimore Sun]
You said it:
"Championships??!?! Lets get past the Steelers (with Ben) first." -- reader E.C. Black responds to Ravens coach John Harbaugh's comment about winning championships with Joe Flacco
You tell me:
Will Albert Pujols really leave St. Louis next winter?
Video of the morning:
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.