By Matt Vensel
9:30 AM EST, February 11, 2011
Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Orioles president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail said on Thursday that the A-Rod deal with Texas was the worst in baseball history. ... The Orioles agreed to a one-year deal with controversial slugger Luke Scott, meaning starter Jeremy Guthrie is the team's lone remaining arbitration-eligible player. ... Maryland has offered its defensive coordinator job to Randy Shannon, and the former Miami head coach has indicated he wants the gig. ... The Ravens have re-signed fullback Jason McKie.
Hitting the links:
1. Buster Olney thinks the Orioles are the most intriguing team in the AL East [ESPN]
2. Should any current Orioles player get a long-term deal? [Orioles Insider]
3. Nick Markakis is the best player on the Orioles [FOX Sports]
4. Should the Orioles pursue Francisco Liriano? [Baltimore Sports and Life]
5. Here's an Orioles Q&A with Rob Neyer [Camden Chat]
6. Looking at darkhorse candidates for the Orioles roster [Orioles Insider]
7. Mike Preston: Michael Oher is the key to upgrading the Ravens' offensive line [Baltimore Sun]
8. David Reed is determined to move past his injuries [Ravens.com]
9. John Eisenberg is waiting for Joe Flacco [CSN Baltimore]
10. Was Ravens safety Ed Reed under-appreciated by NFL voters? [Ravens Insider]
11. The Capitals are reinforcing their need to go to the net [Capitals Insider]
12. Chris Korman tackles the issue of Mark Buehrle wishing Michael Vick got hurt [Toy Department]
You said it:
" There isn't a better fullback option out there. I like the idea of McClain and Rice as a two headed monster with McClain getting more goal line carries. It's hard to argue with the success Willis has had and I would be comfortable with him as the feature back if it came to that but you can't afford to keep all three and I agree that McClain would want and should have more carries." -- reader Kenny Stewart thinks the Ravens should keep Le'Ron McClain over Willis McGahee if they are forced to choose
You tell me:
What's your take on Mark Buehrle's comments about Michael Vick?
Video of the morning:
Terps fans will enjoy this video of Randy Foye breaking JJ Redick's ankles
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.
Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun