It’s a big week over at Forbes, which has released both its NFL franchise value rankings and its fan base rankings.
The Ravens’ checked in at a respectable 10th in the franchise valuation rankings, but fared much better when it comes to fan support.
According to Forbes, the rankings were compiled based on five things:
- Hometown reach, which they defined as percentage of the metropolitan area that watched, attended, or listened to a game in the last year.
- Three years' worth of television ratings.
- Three years of stadium attendance based on percentage of capacity.
- Three years of merchandise sales, according to NFLShop.com.
- Social media reach, which combines Facebook likes and Twitter followers.
Four teams were ahead of the Ravens, including the Green Bay Packers (No. 1 overall, and first in hometown crowd rank, attendance, and social media), Denver Broncos, New Orleans Saints, and New England Patriots.
Score another for Baltimore.Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun