Today is going to be crazy, with Ray Rice on the podium, but yesterday was kind of wild too. Here's what happened, courtesy of the Coffee Companion, where we recap the previous day's sports headlines.
- Ravens’ defensive linemen Timmy Jernigan and Brent Urban went down on the same play yesterday, with Urban’s knee injury expected to be serious. Defensive line was thought to be a position of strength, and still could be.
- Ray Rice on Thursday will speak publicly for the first time since his two-game suspension. A large national media presence is expected. It seems like public opinion on Rice has already been formed, though.
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 6 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 2
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 26-6 win over the Steelers
- Cincinnati Bengals 23, Ravens 16 [Pictures]
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Joe Flacco made his best and worst throws of camp yesterday in what was ultimately a lackluster practice.
- Kevin Gausman and the Orioles bullpen helped pull out a 4-3 win over the Angels. The on-field success was overshadowed by the trade talk surrounding the team, especially in relation to Boston ace Jon Lester. General manager Dan Duquette said the team has a couple ongoing conversations, but columnist Peter Schmuck says they should stay the course.