My Coffee Companion right now as I write this Coffee Companion is The Godfather. I think it's fair to say that mine is better than yours, especially if yours is reading this Coffee Companion. All I do is recap the previous day's sports headlines. Francis Ford Coppola made a masterpiece.
- After the Ray Rice suspension circus Thursday, the Ravens have settled into a true training-camp rhythm. Running back Bernard Pierce, who will likely start the first two games, is beginning to deal with the attention commensurate with a starting back.
- Dennis Pitta, a year after he dislocated his hip, is fully healthy.
- Mike Preston's latest Ravens training camp observations
- Orioles end West Coast road trip with 3-2 victory over Mariners in 10 innings
- Steve Smith, Joe Flacco getting on same page with Starbucks bets
- Ravens 38, Carolina Panthers 10 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Panthers in Week 4
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
See more photos »
- The Orioles pushed across a run in the tenth to ensure a winning West Coast road trip with a 3-2 victory over Seattle. Ken Griffey Jr. gave Tommy Hunter an autographed jersey, and Buck Showalter tweaked the rotation for the upcoming homestand.
- The LPGA International Crown was a thing this weekend, and a thing that Spain won. Hooray for Spain.
- Maryland football was picked to finish fifth in its division in the team’s Big Ten debut.