I'm proud to say that I fell asleep before the Orioles game started last night. What did I miss? Well, I'm glad I get to find out every morning writing the Coffee Companion, where we recap the previous day's sports headlines.
- Adam Jones socked a pair of two-run home runs to help the Orioles win, 4-2, in Bud Norris’ first start of the second half. Steve Clevenger was optioned back to Norfolk to make room for Norris.
- The Ravens’ rookies, injured veterans, and quarterbacks begin camp today, a camp John Harbaugh said will be tougher and different than years past
. He also recorded a commercial for Miami University in which he provides the voice for a miniature statue of himself
- Jeff Zrebiec’s camp preview focuses on the safeties
, including Omar Brown, who has been working to improve for years but may not get an opportunity.
- Linebacker Josh Bynes says he wants to be more than an afterthought in the Ravens’ linebacker fold.
- Soccer legend Mia Hamm was in town to speak at a luncheon before the U.S. Youth Soccer national championships.
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more
about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service
. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.