It's a pretty tough bid to have the Orioles go to the West Coast right after the break. We know they're playing, but it's not the same as sitting down at 7 and watching them every night. Oh well. At least it was a nice weekend. Here's the Coffee Companion, where we recap the previous day's sports headlines.
- Jeff Zrebiec has his last news, notes, and opinions post before training camp starts, while Aaron Wilson recapped the Ravens' run of the Oregon Ridge hill, a tradition from Ray Lewis’ time.
- Lardarius Webb, one of the defensive leaders in the post-Lewis era, said the team is going to bounce back.
- The training camp positional previews covered the defensive line and linebackers, and cornerbacks recently.
- Kevin Gausman took the loss after his first rough start of the season, as the Orioles lost 10-2 in Oakland. They head to Anaheim having lost two of three to the best team in baseball.
- Bud Norris will start tonight, with Miguel Gonzalez also due back up soon, but Ubaldo Jimenez is not ready for a rehab start Wednesday.
- Orioles outfield prospect Mike Yastrzemski is gaining notice for more than just his name.