It's a pretty tough bid to have the Orioles go to the West Coast right after the break. We know they're playing, but it's not the same as sitting down at 7 and watching them every night. Oh well. At least it was a nice weekend. Here's the Coffee Companion, where we recap the previous day's sports headlines.
- Jeff Zrebiec has his last news, notes, and opinions post before training camp starts, while Aaron Wilson recapped the Ravens' run of the Oregon Ridge hill, a tradition from Ray Lewis’ time.
- Lardarius Webb, one of the defensive leaders in the post-Lewis era, said the team is going to bounce back.
- The training camp positional previews covered the defensive line and linebackers, and cornerbacks recently.
- Kevin Gausman took the loss after his first rough start of the season, as the Orioles lost 10-2 in Oakland. They head to Anaheim having lost two of three to the best team in baseball.
- Bud Norris will start tonight, with Miguel Gonzalez also due back up soon, but Ubaldo Jimenez is not ready for a rehab start Wednesday.
- Orioles outfield prospect Mike Yastrzemski is gaining notice for more than just his name.
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more
about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service
. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.