I struggle with the Home Run Derby, despite being a huge fan of three-hour batting practice sessions involving Cuban sluggers. There’s a very small percentage of baseball fans who feel like I do. If this, and the All-Star Game, are really for the kids, why have them at eight? It makes no sense. So all that happened, and all the rest of this stuff, as you’ll read in the Coffee Companion.running back depth as part of his positional previews ahead of training camp.
- Adam Jones made it to the second round of the Home Run Derby last night, bowing out to eventual winner and back-to-back champion Yoenis Cespedes. Cespedes is wonderful, but Dan Connolly notes that Adam Jones is too, even if he isn’t always treated as such.
- Full coverage: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens 38, Carolina Panthers 10 [Pictures]
- Mike Preston grades the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Panthers in Week 4
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 38-10 win over the Carolina Panthers
- Ravens 23, Cleveland Browns 21 [Pictures]
See more photos »
- There was no major league ball last night, but Bud Norris pitched in Double-A Bowie. The Orioles announced a pair of roster moves in Triple-A Norfolk as well, including Randy Wolf’s opt-out. Before he did, Wolf reportedly threw a pitch to the suite level in Norfolk’s home stadium.