Last night's Orioles game was a lot like the Scores Hockey game last night, in that we got out to an early lead and won a close one. So, there you go. This is the Coffee Companion, where we recap the previous day's local sports headlines.
- The Orioles earned a split in the home portion of the Beltway series with a 4-3 win over the Nationals, where again Buck Showalter walked Bryce Harper to attack the rest of the lineup.
- Wei-Yin Chen is happy he has nine wins, which are ultimately meaningless but let’s go with it.
- The team sent Bud Norris to Double-A Bowie to get him a start during the All-Star break next week, after Norris labored in his return from the disabled list Wednesday.
- The Babe Ruth 100th Anniversary auction, featuring rare memorabilia from Ruth’s career, will be held Saturday at the Sports Legends Museum.
- It rained yesterday in Norfolk. A lot.