Last night's Orioles game was a lot like the Scores Hockey game last night, in that we got out to an early lead and won a close one. So, there you go. This is the Coffee Companion, where we recap the previous day's local sports headlines.
- Wei-Yin Chen is happy he has nine wins, which are ultimately meaningless but let’s go with it.
- With 4-3 win over Nationals, Orioles reach 50 victories in their fewest games since 1997
- Orioles left-hander Wei-Yin Chen 'pretty happy' with team-leading ninth win
- Orioles' intentional-walk gamble pays off again as bullpen comes up big
- Orioles in August 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
- Orioles in July 2014 [Pictures]
See more photos »
- The team sent Bud Norris to Double-A Bowie to get him a start during the All-Star break next week, after Norris labored in his return from the disabled list Wednesday.
- The Babe Ruth 100th Anniversary auction, featuring rare memorabilia from Ruth’s career, will be held Saturday at the Sports Legends Museum.
- It rained yesterday in Norfolk. A lot.