What a weird day yesterday was. With all the nation watching, the United States lost and we rejoiced. Not much else happened, as you'll find here in the Coffee Companion, where we recap the previous day's local sports headlines.
- In legitimate baseball news, Nolan Reimold is finally healthy again and must be activated Sunday and added to a crowded Orioles outfield situation.
- Baltimore soccer fans wild about World Cup [Video]
- Photos: 2014 NBA draft picks in order
- World Cup All-Hair Team
- Get to know the United States Men's National Team ahead of the 2014 World Cup
- World Cup 2014 WAGs: Shakira, Sara Carbonero and more soccer stars' wives and girlfriends
- 2014 World Cup Jerseys
See more photos »
- Video Reports: World Cup
- The U.S. Men’s National Team lost 1-0 to Germany, but thanks to Portugal’s 2-1 win over Ghana, advanced to the last 16 of the 2014 World Cup. It was the result they needed, but the team has to reach the next level I know its capable of to advance father.
- Andrew Wiggins was the first pick in the NBA Draft last night, but none of the local players who hoped to have their names called ultimately got that honor.
- Tiger Woods shot a three-over 74 in Bethesda, his first competitive round since back surgery this spring. I missed Tiger.
- A man touring all 30 MLB stadiums has found Camden Yards has the best hot dogs in baseball.