How crazy was that storm last night? I woke up to it wondering if (hoping) my car windows were closed, but I'm sure they are. It's sunny now, so enjoy the Coffee Companion, where we recap the day's sports headlines for you.
- Terrell Suggs was on the podium yesterday at Ravens minicamp and said he was ready to be himself again.
- Practice yesterday was a little tense, with Steve Smith and Lardarius Webb getting into a small fight, as well as rookies Timmy Jernigan and Crockett Gillmore.
- Jacoby Jones is in a comfortable place again with Gary Kubiak’s offense, while Terrence Brooks is getting to such a place after a tough transition to professional football.
- Kevin Gausman gave the Orioles six shutout innings in a 2-0 win over Tampa Bay yesterday afternoon. It was another strong start for Gausman, who has used all of his pitches since being recalled most recently from Triple-A Norfolk.
- Today’s off day will help Ubaldo Jimenez get an extra day of work between starts, after which he has been less bad than he is on normal rest.
- Matt Wieters said his elbow surgery was inevitable, which the dozens of you who read the Coffee Companion already knew.
- Lastly, I strongly recommend you take a look at our World Cup page, where the daily match previews and our group overviews are featured.Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun