Baseball Reference lists Tommy Hunter's Twitter account (incorrectly) as @TommyGoesBoom. He did just that on Tuesday, but that's not all that happened around here. Here's the Coffee Companion, which compiles the local sports headlines every weekday morning.
- Tommy Hunter took the loss after Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez went back-to-back in the ninth inning. Rookie catcher Caleb Joseph had his best game to date, and the team called up Kevin Gausman to start Wednesday’s game.
- The Ravens announced Todd Heap will be inducted into the Ring of Honor this year.
- After the draft, the Ravens addressed their cornerback need with undrafted free agents.
- Our community newspapers localized the Preakness with stories on the Ellicott City resident who calls the races, and the Monkton resident who is the stakes coordinator at Pimlico and Laurel.
- The team of your current Blitz blogger overcame the former Blitz blogger’s hockey team last night when the Rangers and star goaltender Henrik Lundqvist beat the Penguins, 2-1 to send New York to the conference finals. Chicago scored in overtime to beat the Wild and end that Western Conference series, 4-2.
- Meanwhile, Clippers Coach Doc Rivers can expect a call from the league after blasting the officials and saying his team was robbed in a 105-104 loss to Oklahoma City. The Clippers now trail 3-2 after a replay call reversed possession to the Thunder late in the game.
- In somewhat local basketball, Polish Hammer Marcin Gortat scored 31 and added 16 rebounds as the Wizards staved off elimination with a 102-79 win over Indiana.Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun