Major sports networks spent yesterday scrolling tweets praising NBA Commissioner Adam Silver yesterday, so how were you supposed to know what else happened in the sports world? That's why blogger Jon Meoli writes the Coffee Companion -- where every morning, Monday through Friday, he'll run back the local sports headlines from the previous day.
Banned for Life
- That said, Silver suspending Clippers owner Donald Sterling for the racist comments he allegedly made was probably the biggest sports story that will happen all year. Peter Schmuck wrote about the new commissioner dropping the hammer on Sterling.
- Orioles' Manny Machado 'here to play baseball,' but weather delays his return
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- O's home openers through the years
- Orioles in September 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
- Orioles wearing throwback uniforms [Pictures]
See more photos »
- The Orioles didn’t play last night, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t a busy day for the club. Manny Machado was back to be activated if they had played, Steve Pierce was resigned after a waiver stint yesterday, and news emerged that injured slugger Chris Davis received platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections.
- Our march to the NFL Draft continues, with an update from Mel Kiper Jr. of ESPN and a summary of the Ravens’ wide receiver crop. I also put together a list of who the Ravens’ AFC rivals may take in the first round.
- The Kentucky Derby draw is this evening. Childs Walker lets us know what to watch.
Day of Reckoning
- The NHL playoffs feature three Game 7s tonight, starting with the Rangers and Flyers at 7 p.m., Colorado and Minnesota at 9:30 p.m. and the Kings and Sharks at 10 p.m. I will likely be the first person in the Orioles press box to stream a hockey game on his computer. Sorry I’m not.
- In other NBA news, the Wizards moved on to the second round with another win in Chicago, while the Clippers and Grizzlies each took a 3-2 series lead over the Warriors and Thunder, respectively.