It was a beautiful Easter weekend, so shame on anyone who was glued to the computer reading all the latest headlines. That’s why new bloger Jon Meoli is restarting the Coffee Companion — where every morning, Monday through Friday, he’ll run back some of the top sports headlines from the previous day.
- Three weeks from now, the 2014 NFL Draft will be in the books. Aaron Wilson has the third version of the Sun’s mock draft.
- The Orioles’ have played clean defense all season but made three errors Sunday night as the Red Sox erased a 5-1 deficit to top Baltimore 6-5. The two teams are back at it at 11:05 a.m. Monday.
- After the game, Ed Encina caught up with J.J. Hardy, who left Sunday’s game with a hamstring injury.
- Peter Schmuck took on the baffling new MLB transfer rules, which he called a national embarrassment. Encina touched on MLB’s replay rules, which could use some refining to say the least.
- Former prep basketball star Aquille Carr announced Sunday on Twitter that he is declaring for the NBA Draft.
- Jeff Zrebiec was in Ohio this weekend for John Harbaugh’s induction into the “Cradle of Coaches” at Miami University (Ohio). He also touched on the benefits of the Ravens’ joint practices with the 49ers.
- A brawl broke out in Sunday's Brewers-Pirates game. Click for the Pirates' throwbacks, stay for the Carlos Gomez-inspired fisticuffs.