By David Selig
The Baltimore Sun
8:04 AM EDT, May 19, 2014
Even with a day to recover, some of you are still surely feeling the post-Preakness hangover. Let's look back on yesterday's top headlines and jolt you into the week with our Coffee Companion.
- A day after he won the Preakness, California Chrome's trainer Art Sherman said that a New York rule prohibiting nasal strips 'might be an issue' for his horse in the Belmont Stakes.
- Speaking of Preakness, if you missed any of Saturday's festivities, you can pretend you were there by checking out our infield party scene photo gallery and the photos from the always popular Preakness bikini contest.
- Don't worry, we had plenty of photo of the race, too.
- Johns Hopkins was bounced from the NCAA men's lacrosse tournament by Duke. After Sunday's games, the field is set for this Saturday's Final Four in Baltimore. No. 1 Duke will face No. 5 Denver in a 1 p.m. semifinal, followed by No. 7 Maryland against No. 6 Notre Dame. The championship game is a week from today.
- Aaron Wilson has a blog post on the Browns beating the Ravens to the punch in drafting Towson running back Terrance West.
1-0s in the pros
The Pacers took a 1-0 lead against the Heat in the NBA's Eastern Conference finals. Game 1 of the Spurs and Thunder out west is tonight. The Blackhawks took Game 1 from the Kings yesterday, and the Rangers are up 1-0 over Montreal heading into tonight's Game 2.
Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun