SIOUX FALLS - Sioux Falls O'Gorman dominated the South Dakota boys' state tennis tournament from start to finish.
The Knights lost just one match during the three-day tournament and won their third straight tennis title on Saturday with 770 points. Sioux Falls Washington was second with 558. Aberdeen Central totaled 287 points for seventh place and Aberdeen Roncalli had 221 points for 11th place.
O'Gorman won five singles championships and all three doubles. The Knights lone loss came in the championship match at flight five singles where Washington's Luke Haffeman defeated O'Gorman's Tommy Entwistle 1-6, 6-1, 7-5.
Central and Roncalli had several athletes in action on Saturday.
· Flight one singles: Central's Brett Lorenz lost the consolation championship to Mike Flynn of Brookings by a score of 9-7.
· Central's Riccardo Deambrogio finished fourth after losing 8-3 to Jared Hofer of Sioux Falls Lincoln in the third place match.
Roncalli's Austin Bierle lost in the consolation championship 8-6 to Jesse Gebel of Mitchell.
· Roncalli's Matt Falk lost in the consolation championship to Drew Peterson of Brandon Valley by a score of 8-6.
· Flight one doubles: Roncalli's Jared Carrels and Bierle beat Mike Flynn and Daniel Baer of Brookings 8-5 to finish fifth.
· Flight three doubles: Roncalli's Falk and Michael Ronayne lost 8-2 to Tommy Nealon and Tyler Hegge of Watertown.
In awards Mitchell won the Sportsmanship Award and Tyler Osterloo of Mitchell received the Spirit of Max award.
The all-tournament team includes Brad Entwistle, O'Gorman; Elliot Czarnecki, O'Gorman; Adam Kianicka, O'Gorman; Anthony Rauschenbach, O'Gorman; Osterloo, Mitchell; Jared Hofer, Lincoln; Collin Noldner, Lincoln; Connor Tieszen, Washington; Tommy Entwistle, O'Gorman; Ben Czarnecki, O'Gorman;
Saturday at Sioux Falls
Team Points: Sioux Falls O'Gorman 770, Sioux Falls Washington 558, Sioux Falls Lincoln 500 , Rapid City Stevens 458, Pierre 368, Watertown 360, Aberdeen Central 287 , Sioux Falls Roosevelt 280, Mitchell 279, Brandon Valley 241, Aberdeen Roncalli 221, Huron 209 , Rapid City Central 189, Brookings 141, Yankton 128, Madison 121, St. Thomas More-Rapid City Christian 102, Spearfish 41, Vermillion 41, Milbank 31, Sturgis 14.
First flight: Brad Entwistle (OG) def. Tyler Osterloo (Mit) 6-1, 6-2.
Second flight: Elliott Czarnecki (OG) def. James Ferrier (RCS) 6-2, 6-2.
Third flight: Adam Kianicka (OG) def. Scott Miller (SFW) 6-2, 6-4.